Thursday, January 21, 2010

Off to India

So we have been back from the East Coast for about two weeks now, and last week Amber celebrated her 27th birthday. It was a three-day event filled with lots of oolong tea (her favorite), Yosemite, a shopping spree in Fresno, an ice skating party in Long Barn and, of course, plenty of cake and ice cream.

Early Saturday, I'm off to India for a month as part of Rotary International's Group Study Exchange program. I will be traveling with other young professionals from several California counties to New Delhi as part of this cultural exchange. We will all be learning about how our jobs are done over in India (in my case newspapers) along with doing touristy things such as visiting the Taj Mahal.

Sadly, Amber and Ediza can't go, but I've promised them lots of fun sparkly presents. Well, I must get back to packing. Look for posts from India soon.

No comments: