Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin fairies


This Halloween Amber and Ediza are pumpkin fairies. Amber made the wings out of wire, panty hose, paint and lots of glitter. She tried to get me to be a pumpkin fairy as well, offering to make me a pair of "manly" wings. Once she showed me the tights she wanted me to wear, I knew that I was going as a pirate again. Arghhh.

This morning we went to a nearby shopping center where Ediza and tons of other kids paraded around to all the stores collecting candy. Ediza won third place (and a $10 gift certificate) for her costume!

Within the past week, we've been to two Halloween parties, and I got to hang out with a gravedigger for an article I wrote. Tonight we're going to the Sierra Waldorf School for their elaborate celebration. Happy Halloween to everyone!

1 comment:

Bora said...

You both look great--wonderful job on the costumes Amber!! We love Ediza's tights & Amber your wings are totally cool (very magical)! Mike-glad you opted out of wearing the wings-you do make an awesome pirate. Congrats to Ediza on winning a contest! Buy something fun!! Enjoy this beautiful season!
Wishing you all peace, love & joy-Love,
Mom & Dad and Grammy & Poppy